October 26, 2011

it's {just me} ranting about school...

Hi guys. It’s {just me} again. You know what I hate? Hate as in grind my teeth, clench my fists, and want to scream hate? School. Can you believe that less than a year ago I was planning on becoming a teacher? Really. Six more credits and I am a certified, fully fledged educator. What the heck was I thinking? Can you imagine? Waking up every day and going to school for the rest of my life? Yuck. I think I dodged a bullet on that one, am I right? Anyways. Back to my serious hate. I am in my fifth year of college and just want to be done already! Not because I hate learning. It’s quite the opposite actually. I love learning - certain things, that is. Math and science can be crossed off of my “I love to learn” list. That’s {his} expertise. But give me a good Marie de France lais and I am easily in education heaven. But lately I have been experiencing the above stated hate even towards my favorite subject, English. *gasp* Want to know why? Too bad, I am going to tell you anyway.


This, my friends, is ratemyprofessor.com. {ever heard of it?} Basically students give honest reviews of their professors at certain colleges to help future students pick their classes. This particular set of reviews is directed towards the professor of English 4462 Gender in Literature. Let me state that a little more clearly. This particular set of reviews is directed towards MY professor of English 4462 Gender in Literature. How lucky am I? {Cue grinded teeth, clenched fists, and screams just waiting to escape}. I swear, this woman is going to be the death of me.

Okay, I will stop the dramatics and give her a little credit. Ever read “The Handmaid’s Tale” by Margaret Atwood? Me either.


That is, until this woman came into my life. Great book, by the way. {See how I strategically took a picture of my face turned slightly to the side? It is to hide the annoying cold sore I can't seem to make disappear. I get cold sores when I am stressed. Yet another reason why I hate school.}

But still. I am having the hardest time getting through this class. Not because of the workload. Really … that I can handle. It’s more of the two and a half hours {IN A ROW} I have to spend with this woman every week.

So basically, this is me begging, pleading for a little advice. Ever had a bad professor? Ever had a bad professor that was ranked the “worst educator” at Idaho State University on ratemyprofessor.com? If so, dish out your advice! How did you get through it? How did you go a whole semester without ripping your hair out?

Thanks for the help {really … my hair thanks you},
♥Kate

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Remember when Jami went and complained about her Professor . . . to her face! Maybe you should try that!

Jami said...

Hey Jess...it worked, so maybe that is the best bet ;)....if you cant do that Kate...try chocolate and vodka! If your not into that maybe try and give it to her ;)!

Goldylocks and the Barrows said...

Day dream... ha. I would honestly think of all my to dos with a professor I could not stand. It was a art class and he thought he was suppose to be with "the greats" of the sculpting world. So full of himself. It looks like you are taking notes and your head is down for when they something totally ridiculous and you have a "face" to give.

Kimberlee said...

I say chocolate and vodka...because that is always the best bet. Err...something.