The Good:
- Can I get three cheers for a successful surgery? Booyah!
- Jake woke up from his deep sedation after surgery and first thing he did? He asked if I was okay. Even before I could ask him. I think I may have a winner in the husband department. Or maybe he was just trying to stop the whining before it started. Either way, what a guy...
- Jake's breathing is still a little labored, what with his nose being packed with splints in both nostrils and all. {Uh. Can anyone say ouch? And gross?} BUT...he just informed me he is able to breath without his mouth open. HIGH FIVE!
- Jake looked so cute {I mean manly. Yes, very manly} in his little hospital gown.
- Jake and I just finished our own very "in tune" rendition of Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock inspired by Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds {The Proposal. What a great post-nose surgery movie}. So that in itself is a good sign Jake is feeling better! Or his pain pills are kicking in. Whatever.
The Bad:
- Watching the nurse extract blood from my husband's hand to be placed in his nose to induce clotting is gross. And a little nauseating. I sincirely apologize for sharing this bit of information with you.
- Turns out I am not the best bedside caretaker. I am a much better "sit in the waiting room" wife than a "hold your hand and watch you be in pain" wife.
- If the hospital tells you your surgery will be at 7am, they really mean they wont start until 9:30am. So no need to arrive 30 minutes early. Just in case you were wondering.
- 6:30am in the morning is not a fun time to be at a hospital. Or anywhere besides your bed for that matter.
- Sneezing after nose surgery {especially with splints up your nostrils} is not fun. Take it from my husband.
- Husbands don't really enjoy Instagram at 7am documenting their surgery. Just a warning.
The Just Plain Weird:
- Did you know the hospital gives you this little gadget to inform you when your loved one is done with surgery? {please turn your eyes to the picture below} It's like you are waiting for your seat at the Olive Garden. You know, "Wait for the lights to go off and your the next to be seated! Lucky you!" Only in this case, it's like "Wait for the lights to go off and your the next to pick up your surgically enhanced loved one. Lucky you!" That is just plain weird. Handy, but weird.
- In the Pre-Op room there is a little bench by the sink. You know, for little kids to kneel on so they can wash their hands. Or so I thought. Turns out, the little bench is actually a toilet. You pull up the cushion and ta-da! Your own tiny toilet. Uh, weird.
- Post-Op. What a fun place. You learn so much. Take, for example, the conversation between husband and wife one "curtain" {what privacy the hospital offers} over from Jake. I learned, in fantastic details, about the gentleman's colonoscopy that just took place. Interesting surgery, I tell yah. Interesting indeed.
♥kate

3 comments:
Hilarious! Hope Jake recovers quickly.
Kate....I am liking this blog stuff from you! You crack me up! Hope Jakes nose-job heals quick!....Just so you know my word verification to get this comment to you was "fouch" I thought that was fitting ;)...haha!!!
You are a dork...AND I LOVE IT! Hope all goes well today.
Post a Comment