Jake and Shawn, Brandy's fiancé, played intramural football together so they became good friends. One day, Shawn sent Jake a text…
…Wait. Maybe I should recount a few more…awkward details.
Now I am not proud of this. But it’s all part of the story. So it needs to be said. I have said it once and I will say it again… Don’t judge!
Like I mentioned, during the time Jake and I didn’t really see each other, I had this neighbor. No more details need to be supplied about him other than we were friends. And sometimes we kissed. Friends that kissed. That’s all.
Anyways, this neighbor was a good friend of all the girls in our apartment which meant he was at our house a lot. A lot, a lot.
Naturally, Shawn was at our apartment just as much. And these two didn’t quite see eye to eye [that is putting it lightly].
Now I didn’t know this at the time, but sometimes Jake would tell Brandy that he couldn’t quite get me out of his head even with us not seeing each other. So Brandy told Shawn.
Okay. So back to the text. After probably a long day of Shawn putting up with our neighbor, he sent Jake a text [of course, I only found out about this after we had been dating for a while].
I don’t know the exactness of it, but it went something like this, “Dude, if you still like Kate, you need to start coming back here as fast as you can. She is hanging out with a [insert not the nicest term].
So that is exactly what he did. After their football games, Shawn would bring Jake over to our apartment [trying to use Jake as bait for me to kick the neighbor boy out, I’m sure].
***
One night, after one of their game, Jake came over. It got to be late and everyone went to bed. Except Jake and I. And the neighbor boy.
Doh.
The word ‘awkward’ doesn’t even begin to describe it. There we were. The three of us. Hanging out in my living room.
But keep in mind, at this point I was unaware that Jake liked me. So the awkwardness wasn’t even to the scale it could have been.
After we were dating, I found out Jake was texting my roommate who was listening in her bedroom to the entire awkward experience. Turns out, he almost gave up on the whole idea of me and left right then. But, thanks to my roommate and her “stay with it” and “don’t let him win” encouragements, Jake stayed until the neighbor boy finally decided to leave.
Now nothing happened between Jake and I that night, but I think the “standoff” really sent the picture to the neighbor boy. Don’t get me wrong, he still came over all of the time. But he didn’t try any kissing business after this night.
4 comments:
Haha. That makes me laugh. Go Jake!!!
Friends that kiss. Ha ha. Didnt we all have a few of those? Well I did anyway. Katie I love this little love story you are unfolding. I am waiting eagerly for the next installment. :)
Dude...you can't just stop in the middle of the story.
Kim - I am only allowed to blog on the weekends or I don't get my homework done! :) I have to pace myself.
Post a Comment