October 27, 2012

Calendar of Events...

TODAY // we spent the morning in bed while Jake sang hymns to my belly ... in Spanish. No harm in culturally enhancing our pre-birth baby is there? By the way, baby Maycie loved it. Loved it!

TODAY // I gave Jake his very first haircut. Well, I mean his very first haircut given by me. We hit two milestones actually as this was the very first hair I have ever given. It looks great. Professional even. Well...except for the bald spot. Yep, we could have done without the bald spot. Whoopsies. No harm done though...he already scheduled a follow-up appointment with me in two weeks. I guess he likes bald spots.

TODAY // we took a trip to Idaho Falls to buy Maycie a crib. Don't worry, I was prepared. I checked Target.com to make sure the exact one I wanted was in stock. Too bad Target.com lies. Lies, lies, lies. Moral of story? Maycie still does not have a bed. Or anything else for that matter. Boo.

YESTERDAY // I listed a bunch of my old clothes on Ebay. Only took me about four hours. Geesh. Let the bidding wars begin - and may the odds be ever in your favor. [This movie quote is extremely overused. I apologize for jumping on the bandwagon.]

YESTERDAY // I said adieu to my beloved iPhone. It is now in the hands of a gentleman buyer from Craigslist. I listed the phone, 20 minutes later he emailed, and 30 minutes later we made the exchange. Talk about fast Craigslisting.

THIS WEEK // we turned on our heaters in the house for the first time. Then we wished we would have done it sooner. It is nice not to have to walk around our own home bundled in coats, gloves, and six pairs of socks. Nice, indeed.

THIS WEEK // I visited my old office. Oh how I miss working. Oh how I miss having a social life. Oh how I miss having something besides laundry to keep me busy.

THIS WEEK // I visited Sonic Happy Hour four times. Wait, maybe five. Newest pregnancy craving, you ask? Extra Large Cherry Limeades for a buck. A buck, people!

NEXT WEEK // marks the arrival of the Maycie's Day Parade of doctors. Bring on Tuesday! Six appointments starting at ten and ending at five in SLC. With a 30 minute lunch break. Wowza. Bring on the answers we have been waiting for!

NEXT WEEK // on Monday, I get to experience my first ever Glucose Test. Be excited

NEXT WEEK // we are one week closer to the arrival of our cute little girl. One. Week. Closer.

3 comments:

Jaelynn said...

You are totally allowed to have as many trips sonic as you desire right now!

Can't wait to hear what you find out next week. let us know!

Jessica said...

I lived on cherry limeades when I was pregnant with Olivia! And good job on the haircut!

Jami said...

Ha! Maycie's Day Parade...your so cleaver! Maycie is one loved little chica, and I am SURE that she will have way more than she could ever use if you just wanna use all your sisters baby clothes and paraphenalia! Can't wait to hear about your appointment and see you next week!