October 19, 2012

Coping...

Jake and I deal with our feelings quite different from each other. You see, I am a "wallow in self pity" kind of gal. Well, more like "wallow in self pity, then shed a few tears, then paint back on my face, then hit the ground internet running." I am a researcher. It's in my nature as a Literature geek. I choose a topic and then research incessantly until I become a "pro" of sorts. Little baby Maycie is my lastest obsession. Can you blame me? I've joined the groups, I've read the medical cases, and I've asked the questions. It is how I cope.

Jake, on the other hand, copes in an entirely different way. And I have to admit, I am loving his coping mechanism. He's a "stay busy and stay happy" kind of guy - which loosely translates into, "crossing off the honey-do list". Geesh, I love him. Here is a few of Jake's latest "coping" projects.

He's been fixing clogged pipes [did I mention we had to get a new water heater? Geesh, they're expensive]...


He's been climbing tall ladders...


He's been hiding all the awful green...


He's been de-rocking [and de-treeing...thanks goes out to Dad, Alan, and Spencer for the help] our lovely front yard...

Needless to say, our new house is really reaping the benefits of the whole "stay busy" aspect of Jake's coping. Thanks to it, we have a new front door, new shutters, painted trim, freshly (as in today) planted grass, trimmed trees, new electrical outlets, new basement sink...I think you get the idea. 

But the before and after pictures will have to wait - I have some brownies in the oven that are really calling my name. Oh, did I forget to mention my other coping mechanism is indulging in my lastest pinned recipe on Pinterest? Don't judge. I am eating for two, you know. 

[27 weeks. Yep, even more awkward mirror pictures.]

P.S. 11 days and counting until our big appointment in SLC. We are getting impatient. 

4 comments:

Jami said...

Awe...Tell Jake when he gets done "coping" at your house, he is more than welcome to come "cope" at mine!!! You are looking really cute Kate, and I am certainly anticipating your appointment in SLC too! Love you guys and you are in our prayers constantly (it may be a little bit of "vain repition" in Brooke's prayer, but it is just so darn cute...SHE NEVER FORGETS You, Jake and her cousin Maycie!!!)

Jessica said...

I love the new trim color. You are really cute pregnant!

Jaelynn said...

Cutest pregnant girl ever... seriously! And I am loving the house. it looks so great! Love you guys!

Kimberlee said...

I can attest: THE HOUSE LOOKS AWESOME! Kudos to both you and Jake on your diy work so far. And, my heck, your adorable belly. Serioulsy, I never looked like that when I was pregnant. Never, ever.